Sunday, March 6, 2016

What this Blog is about and for


Over the last few months I have been leaning towards Acrylic Painting and expressing myself on canvas.  There is something about a fresh blank canvas and a paint brush that excites me.  Like any other media there is so much to learn and study.  

I have to say that I have been truly inspired by an artist and true teacher that I found on You Tube. Cinnamon Cooney theartsherpa.  If you ever desired to pick up a paint brush and didn't know which way to go you should visit her you tube site.  Her instructions are wonderful and very encouraging to all levels of the artist within.

I must mention that there are many others i watch and follow that encourage me to discover how to achieve a part of me on canvas.  

                                                                                               Ginger Cook                            

Who happens to be the mother of the Art Sherpa is another Acrylic Artist that I have also taken to following and signed up the online lessons.  The students that follow both of these wonderful ladies are oh so helpful and encouraging.  

I would be remiss if I didn't mention another Artist that I found from the You Tube site that I also follow and am inspired byAngela Anderson

The communities that follow and the members from these artist has open a whole new world to me.  One that I had felt I had lost or put on hold for many years.  

This blog is going to be about my journey and might be a combination of art education a mixture.  I hope a place of encouragement also.  I know that I will probably have a lot of mixed media on here to.  I love all areas of art and love learning and discovering expression of eye pleasing beauty.  I guess how did they do that and can I learn to express these things in all that I do.  What makes me happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment